About Prayer & Fasting
Our 21 Days Of Fasting and Prayer adventure will begin Sunday, January 7th at 3pm and end Sunday, January 28th at 3pm. In preparation for this, here is some information for you to consider as you prepare for this magnificent adventure. A few thoughts for you:
- Fasting is a private personal discipline and the type of fast (refraining from food for a spiritual purpose) you choose is between you and God. He will honor your very best sacrifice.
- You may want to include a combination of fasts in the 21 days. For example, you may want to participate in a Full Fast for 1-3 days and then continue with a Daniel Fast.
Types of Fasting
- Partial Fast: This fast is from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. or from sun-up to sundown. A partial fast can also be any type of fast listed below.
- 3-Day Fast: This fast can be any type of fast (Full Fast, Daniel Fast, Give up one food).
- Full Fast: Drink only liquids; water, 100% juice and clear broth (you establish number of days in your prayer time). *Please consult your doctor when medical concerns are a factor.
- Daniel Fast: Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Eat fruits and vegetables and drink only water. Veggie burgers are an option as well if you are not allergic to soy.
Prayer and fasting are not just about connecting to God but also about disconnecting from the world. Try to tune out some of the regular distractions from your day as much as possible. Replace that time with things that will nourish you spiritually.
Do you want to hear the voice of your Creator more? Do you want to know Jesus more deeply? Do you want to know the direction He desires for your life? Then start your own spiritual journey with us starting January 7th at 3pm! Click the contact us button below to reach out with any questions.